The true identity of the Mystery Blogger Award had always been an actual mystery to me. I’ve always had my own perceptions of it, and never really understood what it meant. Did it mean I was nominated because I was mysterious? Perhaps the title was meant to invoke mystery? Or maybe the questions asked would be of a mysterious theme? I had so many questions!
But thanks to YumDeku‘s post in which I was nominated, I understood the reason behind the choice of name. He explained the gist of it in his post, and it totally makes sense now considering that the creator of this tag was named Okoto Enigma. Thanks for the nomination YumDeku!
But hey, Lynn from The Otaku Author nominated me as well! Thank you Lynn. Do check out his own entry of the Mystery Blogger Award! I love reading his stuff, and if you haven’t already, I’m pretty sure you would too.
Alright (sigh), the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Here we go.
3 Things About Myself
1. I’m an INFP-T, supposedly
Yes, apparently I’m an INFP-T. The site I used for the personality test called me a mediator and a diplomat, and as grandeur as that sounds, I don’t really think those labels fit me. To put it more accurately, I’m shy, timid but playful! Yup, that’s exactly my Twitter profile bio. Follow me if you haven’t!
2. I procrastinate a little, actually maybe a lot
If you’ve read some of my posts, and perhaps seen me around on Twitter, you might’ve already realised that I procrastinate a ton. I procrastinate in almost everything I do, from simple tasks like chores to more complex tasks like my university assignments. I’m also often late for gatherings! It’s unhealthy, and I need to stop. I guess I’ll go look around for ideas on how to stop this habit, but maybe a bit later…
3. I lasted only a day for my first part-time job
To be precise, it wasn’t even a day, but exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes, and I never turned up for another session ever again. The job was really simple, but it involved having to talk to people. Before that day, I thought that despite being an introvert, I’d be really good at customer service. Sure I did a fairly good work, and I was diligent at the job, but I struggled a lot internally when I dealt with the various people demanding answers from me. I’m just not cut out for it.
1. What are your thoughts about the paranormal?
I refuse to talk about them unless I’m with a group of people, because if I do and if they’re real, I might just become their ideal prey.
I guess you could say I’m doubtful but cautious.
2. What anime, manga and gaming story that really stuck with you?
I know you asked about anime, manga and gaming stories, but I’ve got a better story that I’d rather talk about and its neither of the three types. In fact, it’s a Chinese Novel (Wuxia Novel) and I truly loved it’s story of cultivation and treasure hunting. I love my adventure and this story seems to have an endless amount of it. Did I mention treasure hunting?
Oh right the title of that story is Desolate Era. Check out my review of it here!
3. What is the sexiest and least sexy name?
Sexy isn’t the ideal word, but since names are often represented by the person, Tiger is definitely one of the sexiest names in my dictionary. But Tiger can also be “un-sexy”. Here’s a visual representation for you.
Least “Sexy” Tiger
4. Whats your plan for your blog?
I’ve got a lot of plans for my blog, but I’m always too afraid to say them because I might not end up realising these plans. Instead, here’s a post I wrote of my 2020 goals for myself and my blog. Hopefully this answers the question!
5. What’s your favourite trait about yourself?
Oh, what a small pool of favourable traits to pick from. I don’t think any of them are worth mentioning, but since I’m asked, often times I feel as if I’m rather good at profiling. I’m often able to get a grasp of a person’s character and understand them much better by noticing things about them, things like their behaviour, their appearance, their speech, their posture and even their habits. That being said, I’m probably just full of myself.
Okay, this is starting to get a bit long.
1. What weird thing do you have nostalgia for?
This is a really hard question. I can’t think of anything I’m nostalgic for that is obviously weird. But my mum is kinda weird and I miss having her home-cooked food so I guess that will have to do.
2. How good are you at drawing? (An example would be amazing.)
Oh, funny you should ask. I’m simply amazing at drawing. I’m like the Leonardo da Vinci of drawings. Words can’t begin to describe my talent, so here you go.
P.s. This whole part was a joke, this drawing was drawn badly on purpose haha.
3. What recent trend are you totally on board with?
I’m actually not one to keep up with trends. I don’t even know what the current trends are. Is anime considered a trend? Because if it is then I’m totally on board with that.
4. What are you hilariously bad at?
Socialising. I’m so bad at it that it’s almost ridiculous how awkward and anxious I can be when talking to people I’m not close to. Sometimes I even wonder how I managed to become friends with the people I know now.
5. If you were so wealthy you didn’t need to work, what would you do with your time?
I think all humans have that innate drive to be constantly looking to do something, whatever it may be. So even though I don’t have to work, I’d definitely spend time on all my hobbies, spend more time to learn things I’ve always wanted to learn about and then perhaps dedicate whatever is left to my family, all the while continuing to blog when I feel like it.
Phew, now here are my nominees.
And for these guys, here are my questions!
- What’s a rather peculiar fact about yourself that you’re comfortable sharing?
- What’s something you’re super proud of that you’ve accomplished?
- If you’re given the opportunity to work in any area of your choosing, what would you choose?
- You’re allowed to live in a fictitious world of your choosing (anime/game/novels/comics), what would it be and why?
- What is the best thing about writing/blogging to you?
Rule Number 9
A long time ago, I wrote a review of one of my favourite series, Made in Abyss. It’s a review that I’m somewhat proud of as it contained my passion for the series. I posted it when I was fairly new (I still am), and so there weren’t many that read it. So I do hope you’ll check out my review on Made in Abyss HERE!
Alright! This became a much longer post than I intended it to be, and I ended up taking a much longer time than I anticipated. If you actually read it all, then you have my utmost respect, because even I didn’t bother to give this a second read. But anyway, thank you for reading!